North Ridgeville Dog Park Group trying to build a dog park in North Ridgeville
Cleveland Dog Parks Information about other dog parks in the Cleveland area.
Dog Fun Directory This site has information and links to dog parks around Ohio.
The Dog Park A nice site with information about dog parks across the U.S. If your plan to travel with your dog you might want to visit a dog park in another state.
North Coast Dogs North Coast Dogs LLC. offers positive reinforcement dog obedience training classes and in-home canine behavior modification in Cleveland and Northeast Ohio.
Darwin Dogs “Your natural selection for individual dog training needs.”
Doggy Day Care
Inn the Doghouse Daycare and overnights for dogs and cats. “When you can’t take them with you, take them to Inn the Doghouse”.
PawsandEffectGrooming Daycare and grooming available for all breeds!
Events and Activities
Hado Bar Farms Go sheepherding or to have your herding dog tested for herding instinct.
Friends of the City of Cleveland Kennel Upcoming events that benefit the Cleveland kennel.
Greyhound Adoption of Ohio Fun calendar of events for greyhounds and all dogs.
Hiking Hounds A yahoo group you can join where people post hikes and events that you can show up to with you dog. You can even post a hike you would like to start. Mostly on the east side of town.
Cleveland Dogs A yahoo group you can join where people post hikes, events you can enjoy with your dog, and other Cleveland dog related items.
Berea Animal Rescue Events ARF events.
PAWS Events from PAWS – Public Animal Welfare Society
Rescue, Adoption and Shelters
- Aging in Place- Advice for Seniors with Dogs
- Citizens Committee for a Lakewood Animal Shelter This is a group that volunteers and raises funds for the Lakewood Animal Shelter.
- All Dogs Heaven All Dogs’ Heaven (ADH) is an all volunteer rescue group dedicated to rescuing homeless, abandoned, neglected, abused and puppy mill dogs.
- G.R.I.N. Golden Retrievers In Need A volunteer-staffed organization dedicated to finding forever homes for rescued golden retrievers giving those displaced goldens a new beginning; provide public education on responsible dog ownership and care.
- Friends of the City of Cleveland Kennel Friends of the City of Cleveland Kennel homepage.
- Brooklyn Animal Shelter The Brooklyn Animal Shelter. Some events are listed here.
- North East Ohio SPCA A Non-Profit No-Kill Pet Shelter
- Greyhound Adoption of Ohio Greyhound Adoption of Ohio homepage.
- Adopt A Husky Husky rescue group with a presence in NE Ohio.
- For the Love of Pits Small rescue with a focus our rescue efforts on homeless pit bull dogs located in the Cleveland and Akron areas
- S.H.E.L.L. Fund The Siberian Husky Emergency Life Line
- Berea Animal Rescue We shelter, rejuvenate, and finds homes for stray animals that are brought into the shelter by the police or animal control officer from Berea.
- Cleveland Animal Protective League The Cleveland Animal Protective League rescues abused and neglected animals, offers shelter to homeless pets, and promotes compassionate and responsible guardianship.
- Ohio Maltese Haven / Rescue for Cats & Toy Breed Dogs We are a small home based rescue which saves small breed dogs from high kill shelters & accepts owner surrenders. We evaluate them then place them in matching “forever” homes.
- Sanctuary for Senior Dogs A nonprofit organization dedicated to the rescue, adoption, and lifelong care of senior dogs abandoned in shelters and pounds.
- PAWS The Public Animal Welfare Society (PAWS) is dedicated to the rescue of pets in Northeastern Ohio. Their mission is to rescue stray and/or abused cats and dogs and place them in good homes.
- Medina County SPCA The Medina County SPCA, founded in 1985, is a nonprofit organization supported solely by private donations and grants. We are not a part of any national associations or animal welfare groups. We are committed to sheltering and finding homes for sick, injured, abused and abandoned animals of Medina County.
- Second Hand Mutts Secondhand Mutts is dedicated to providing shelter to homeless animals. We are committed to helping stop the over population of animals by means of spay or neutering and promoting the importance of spaying and neutering. We will provide necessary veterinary care and treatment the animals in our care. We are committed to placing homeless and rescued animals into permanent and suitable adoptive homes.
- PAX: Peace 4 Animals Peace 4 Animal’s goal is to provide a temporary source of nutritious pet food for pets of families who are facing tough financial setbacks in Northeast Ohio. We are not a permanent source for pet food and supplies, but we do our best to provide emergency assistance for families in need.
- Lorain County – Friendship APL The largest animal shelter in Lorain County
- Marilyn’s Voice To rescue, rehabilitate and find loving homes for severely neglected and abused dogs from commercial kennels, puppy mills and other unfortunate situations.
- C.O.D.A. – Cleveland Ohio Dog Advocates We are a special needs, no kill animal rescue. We rescue special needs dogs from Kill Shelters Nationwide.
- Northeast Ohio Collie Rescue NorthEast Ohio Collie Rescue Inc. was founded in 1995 by a group of individuals interested in the welfare of the Collie breed.
- Heaven Can Wait A non-profit, 501(c)3, all volunteer, rescue group located in Akron, Ohio. We rescue dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens from the high-kill Summit County Animal Control Facility.
- Geauga Humane Society Geauga Humane Society (GHS) has a proud history of being a leading animal welfare agency in northeast Ohio.