Owning a pet is a privilege. The benefits of pet ownership come with responsibilities to your pets and neighbors.
Best practices for Responsible Pet Ownership include:
- License your dog with Cuyahoga County
- Keep current on all vaccinations, including the required rabies vaccine
- Spay or neuter your dog
- Keep your dog controlled and on a non-retractable leash of 6 feet in length
- Provide proper training to assure your dog is a well-adjusted and well-behaved pet
- Be aware of the costs associated with dog ownership and the personality traits and needs of various
breeds before adopting
- Provide your dog with sufficient food & water, daily exercise & attention, and adequate shelter & supervision.
- Pick up dog waste on and off your property and control excessive barking
- Maintain liability Insurance
- Comply with all municipal dog laws